I need help
December 06, 2009, 08:52:12 PM
I just want to say, first off, that I'm really really thankful for the people that I have met here on this website.  It's so diverse, but we all share one common interest/belief, and I think that that's really  nice.  I've posted on here before and have felt bad about maybe posting again.. I'm really not looking for any type of pity ..I really just want to get better.. so advice is appreciated.. but I'm not trying to sound dramatic.

The problem still revolves around the same issue that I posted last time.
The gist is that I lost my boyfriend.  I have had huge ups and downs ever since then.  I know the situation sounds dumb and that everyone goes through this, but I've been taking it especially hard so try to understand where I'm coming from.  Sometimes I'm okay, and I feel really happy and well-off, and other times I hit super low lows where I feel like I can't go on with the day.  I can't shake my feelings of guilt and regret.  I keep thinking that I wasn't good enough for him, and that I wasn't amazing enough.. and that he's just going to get with someone better.. and then that kills me.  everyone says it wasn't my fault, but I don't know how to accept that.  I really just want to move on but I'm having a hard time.  That's all I want.  I keep telling my mom that I need a therapist but she won't get me one so I'm kind of stuck on this rollercoaster.  It hurts not talking to him, because he was my best friend.. I honestly don't know what even happened.. he changed out of nowhere and he slipped away and there was nothing I could do to get him back or stop it... but now I feel like I should've tried harder or something

sorry about the length of this.. i'm kind of just venting
I just need advice on how to move on and look at the situation... any advice is appreciated.  thank you guys so much.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: I need help
December 06, 2009, 08:56:39 PM
Hi there,I'm sorry you're feeling so down.  I am 43 now and believe me I have been there, all I can really say is that it feels like the most terrible time in the world and that it will never pass, but truly truly it does and before you know it.  I expect this is what your mother has said to you, actually she is right... Spend time with your friends and family, watch old movies and try not to eat too much ice cream...all things will pass... :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 06, 2009, 08:59:30 PM
Quote from: "alexa7"
Hi there,I'm sorry you're feeling so down.  I am 43 now and believe me I have been there, all I can really say is that it feels like the most terrible time in the world and that it will never pass, but truly truly it does and before you know it.  I expect this is what your mother has said to you, actually she is right... Spend time with your friends and family, watch old movies and try not to eat too much ice cream...all things will pass... :)

you're probably right :) I know it will, but right now I'm stuck.  I feel like I'm stuck because I can't stop thinking about it, and worrying over it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

December 06, 2009, 09:01:46 PM
HI ROXI!
I DONĀ“T KNOW HOW OLD ARE YOU, MAYBE AT THIS TIME THIS IS THE MOST TERRIBLE THING IN THE WORLD, BUT BELIEVE ME THAT IS NOT...
IF THE THINGS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND DOESN'T WORK YOU MUST GO ON. YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT YOU ARE FOR SOMEONE ELSE. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. MAYBE YOU FEEL THIS ROGHT NOW BUT THAT'S WHAT MAKE US BE ADULTS AND LEARN... YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BEST OF THIS RELATION AND KEEP IN YOUR HEART FOR EVER, YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOVING... BE WELL! :roll:  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

December 06, 2009, 09:08:36 PM
I know.. I just don't know how to go about moving on... and what to do when those thoughts come back... idk..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions