Please follow this through. There is a little method to my madness.

Information found by searching on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

According to @juliensauctions  some of the proceeds from auction goes to Musiccares
(edit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
#    Thank you to all the MJ fans who listened to Darren Julien's interview with Justice 4 MJ!     5:33 PM Apr 23rd  via Power Twitter

#    @mjsgivingtree  Donations are being made to MusiCares You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and Joshuas' Heart You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     10:18 AM Apr 22nd  via Power Twitter  in reply to mjsgivingtree  

BTW Branca You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the newly appointed Chairman of MusicCares.     8:26 AM Apr 23rd  via txt

Mission
MusiCares provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares' services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community.

As one of the preeminent entertainment and corporate lawyers in the US today, John Branca is one of the few attorneys to be included in every edition of Best Lawyers in America. Branca, a member of Who’s Who, is also included on every other list of the premier lawyers in the world and the entertainment industry.

A partner in the law firm of Ziffren Brittenham LLP, Branca has represented an unprecedented 29 members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, including Aerosmith, The Beach Boys, The Bee Gees, The Doors, Fleetwood Mac, Berry Gordy, Michael Jackson, Leiber and Stoller, The Rolling Stones, and Carlos Santana, among others.

Primarily focused on the music and live appearance industries, Branca has facilitated and initiated game-changing deals involving the purchase and sale of recorded assets and music publishing catalogs.

Passionate about helping artists get a fair shake in the music industry, he has helped songwriters regain copyrights of their songs as well as securing lost royalties for artists.

Branca is a board member of many charities, including serving as Chairman of Musicares, which provides help to members of the music community who need treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, as well as assistance for other financial, medical and personal crises.

Okay - a couple of things. There's more but my mind is too tired to think it through. I think Michael would agree with both of these charities but my question is regarding Musicares. Is that one of the charities listed in the will? If not, then who decides on the charities? If it's the executors (including Branca) wouldn't it be considered conflict of interest to choose this charity?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

my first reaction is.......something smells fishy.  I've gone back and forth with my feelings about John Branca being a "devil" trying to work an elaborate scheme,or a "savior" aiding MJ in his mission.  This story, to me, sends him more over to the dark side.  

The Julien auction in itself reeks of exploitation, and with Branca one of the decision-makers for Michael's estate (according to a FAKE and therefore illegal will) the writing on the wall appears to say "This is not what it ---and he---appears to be".

John Branca ("top lawyer in America, Who's who, etc........") can own those claims because he's smart.....saavy.....can make the deal....and knows the law (and loopholes).  Those titles don't necessarily speak of personal character.  I get the feeling there is some smoke and mirror....illusion of his "compassion for helping those in the music business, serving on numerous charity boards and now...chairman of Musiccares....for the children....blah blah blah.....can you hear the violins?"  My understanding of what was declared in the will was that 20% of MJ's estate would go to charities....have not heard if those charities were specifically designated, but my feeling would be that they were.  Michael had his favorites and contributed much over the years, so they would be specifically indicated in the will????? Oh wait.....the will is fake so maybe not.  BUT, just for fun, let's pretend the will is legit, for now.  So even if Branca can't decide which charities the money goes to because they are indicated in the will, would'nt he decide how much they would get?  

I don't know enough about legal issues to validate....but my thoughts are that being chairman of Musiccares and the executor for Michale's estate would be a conflict of interest.  And as chairman wouldn't he oversee the operations including financial transactions????   How convenient....let's fudge the rules a little bit. (Maybe a little kick-back in Johnny's pocket for a nice BIG donation......from the sale of Michael's stuff!....that he ok'd!).

I don't trust this story or John Branca. Likely could be one of the ones that Michale kept saying were trying to take him down.

Maybe I'm being paranoid (just watched Teddy Riley's interview) and think that ALL those in Michael's inner circle were evil. ( Poor Michael.....I don't know who to trust either). Then again maybe Branca is going to come out to be the "assistant mastermind" in this crazy adventure.

The smoke may be starting to clear....and I think we may see something that could be just the pinky finger on the hand of a conspiracy monster of Thriller proportions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

With Branca it appears to be one extreme or the other with no middle ground or gray area. He was painted as MJs best friend and then as an evil doer who was possibly robbing him blind. He represented SONY and MJ during the negotiations. That made no sense. That's like a divorce lawyer representing the husband and the wife. Conflict of interest seems to trail behing Branca.The jury is still out but I am seriously leaning toward Branca being out more for his own interests and less in favor of MJs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@tylerjo608 - thank you for putting this into words and I couldn't agree with you more.

I have always been on the fence with Branca but I seem to lean towards the dark side with him. I think he may have had good intentions when he and Michael were young but after seeing the money roll in for Michael he wanted his share and he felt he deserved it. That's a feeling I can't shake. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Something just doesn't sit right with me and the fact that he's the new chairman of a charity that is going to reap benefits from MJ's name feels shady. Also interesting is the main purpose of Musicares - MusiCares' services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. Were they there for Michael? Maybe they were? So many questions!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012