I just got to thinking about the release of the footage of the old Pepsi commercial.  Does anybody recall which paper or website or whatever it was that got the rights to this?  Was it US Weekly?  Well, whoever it was, next question is, does anybody know who runs it or who it is owned by?  Could it be MJ owned?  Just curious.  I mean, why after all this time would this footage be released and, it was said that MJ was the only other source that had the footage besides Pepsi.  I doubt it would be coming from them, do you?

I know this is an old subject, but it just popped into my head.  Whenever I start to have bad vibes on it being a hoax, I think back on things like this that point in beLIEvers favor.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson's  1984 Pepsi accident: shocking new footage | EW.com
Jul 15, 2009 ... US Weekly has posted previously unseen footage of Michael Jackson's accidental burning during a 1984 Pepsi ad shoot

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Exclusive: Pepsi  responds to Michael Jackson accident footage ...
Jul 16, 2009 ... Pepsi has responded to yesterday's appearance on the internet of footage of Michael Jackson being burned while filming an ad for the soft ...

Jul 16 2009 06:35 PM ET

Exclusive: Pepsi responds to Michael Jackson accident footage. 'Why would anyone want to share such frightening images?'
by Clark Collis
Categories: An EW Exclusive!, Michael Jackson, News

Mj_l Pepsi has responded to yesterday’s appearance on the internet of footage of Michael Jackson being burned while filming an ad for the soft drink in 1984. Contacted by EW about the material, which was posted by US Weekly, Pepsi spokeswoman Nicole Bradley sent the following statement.

“We don’t know how the footage became available. Twenty-five years later, we’d question why anyone would want to share such frightening images. It was a terrifying event that we’ll never forget.

We were grateful for Michael’s recovery and for the chance to continue working with him on a number of successful projects.

As for Michael as an artist, his music helped us define a generation and, like everyone else, we’re deeply saddened by his passing.”

Bradley also told EW that the company is not currently attempting to get the footage taken down and that Pepsi itself may well not own the rights to the material. “We don’t know where it came from,” she says. “We don’t know what that footage is. It’s 25 years ago. We don’t know who owns it, so we have no recourse as far as I know. I can only tell you what I know. We didn’t put it up and we don’t know where it came from.”

This was Perez Hilton's comment...

Very shady. It looked pretty professional.

Could the family have released it and sold it for a hefty profit?????
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 4:45 pm
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

mjboogie

wow total amazement I would hope that MJ's family would not do such a thing. I am hoping it was MJ himself that did this. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Good Lets Dance

I'm just going to come out and say this: I hav always felt that this was No Accident. I mean this just goes on for minute after minute with the hair on fire in a studio full of people and cameras following him. (It always reminds me of the Mind Control element "Trauma Based" Conditioning...)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well, whether it was the family or MJ, I think it was done to let the world know why, if he was addicted to pain medication, why he was and it was a  horrifying experience.  

I don't understand why he felt he had to wait until the hoax to show it though.  Could it be, that he tried before and media wouldn't cooperate with him?  Or, as usual, they would twist what was said?  I don't see how they could twist something like this, after watching it,  but, you know the media and what they are capable of.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MeandMyShadow"
Well, whether it was the family or MJ, I think it was done to let the world know why, if he was addicted to pain medication, why he was and it was a  horrifying experience.  

I don't understand why he felt he had to wait until the hoax to show it though.  Could it be, that he tried before and media wouldn't cooperate with him?  Or, as usual, they would twist what was said?  I don't see how they could twist something like this, after watching it,  but, you know the media and what they are capable of.

I know one thing this footage did.  It brought an awareness to how severe his injury really was.  So I don't think it was released for money that would be sick.  I always heard about the incident but I didn't know it was so bad until I saw that video.  I thought the burn on his head was minor but it was actually a major burn.  I know that had to be excrutiating pain that he felt.  Especially with those chemicals in his hair from his curl.  That probably made it even worse.  There have been many times that I have burned myself on the forehead with a curling iron and it hurts like crazy.  So I think that footage was released so people could see the truth about what actually happened instead of speculating.  I can't believe that Pepsi stll released the commercial even after he was burned.  It's sad because he didn't want to do the commercial but he felt obligated to his family during the time to do it.  Sometimes I wonder if MJ held some anger towards his family for pushing him to do that commercial.  I think MJ really loved his family but I think sometimes he probably had to seperate himself from them because I think at one point the brothers were very dependent on him financially even Joe.  He wanted to pursue his solo career at 17 but his mom told him no because he needed to be loyal to his brothers.  I'm sure he probably felt stressed at times being the biggest star besides Janet in the family.  I think that's why I have empathy for him because I can relate to being the one sibling that has to bear the burdens of the family when something goes down.  Now I learned that I have to seperate myself at times because I have actually been through my own sickness being stressed out with family issues.  Just like MJ I went through anxiety so I know how it feels. It doesn't mean you don't love your family but you have to keep yourself healthy and draw the line.  That's alot of pressure trying to please the public and your family.  That's why I hope he is still living because I don't think after going through the trials he been through he don't deserve to go out the world like that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

rasyte

watch this video...
I think everything  have a reason..  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=85]
Nothing good ever comes easy      
All good things come in due time                
Yes it does      
You gotta have something to believe in            
I\'m telling you to open your mind
[/size]

Quote from: "mjboogie"
wow total amazement I would hope that MJ's family would not do such a thing. I am hoping it was MJ himself that did this. :(

I definately think it would be Michael that did it

What you said msteetee34 wraps it up very well
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Quote from: "rasyte"
watch this video...
I think everything  have a reason..  :lol:

Wow, that was a brilliant video.  Thanks for sharing!  I was rewatching the little clip in this video of the O2 press conference.  It panned some of the audience and it just looked...well...staged.  Has anyone ever found out whether or not any of the people who were in the audience for this, been on this board?  Were there ever any interviews with anyone on the London news at the time?  Any newspaper articles with anybody?  Or, were they just actors playing a part at the conference?  

There are two big stumbling blocks for me in regards to the hoax.  One, is the part Katherine is playing in it.  Just does not seem like something she would be part of.  But if it is a hoax, I'm convinced she has to know he is alive.  I don't think MJ would put her through that for real.  

The other thing is the police.  Would they cooperate in such a thing?   I know Neverland was part of Santa Barbara county, not L.A. and I know that the Santa Barbara county did not like MJ being there.  But what about L.A.?   Did they have something against him as well?  Or, were they okay with him?  Or does that even matter?  

If this was done in regards to protecting his life or his children and he is part of a witness protection program, it doesn't seem like he would give any clues whatsoever about the possibility of being alive.

But, if it was done to get out of debt, boost record sales, give the fans the biggest show on earth, ever, that would make more sense.  And a huge reason would also be to mess with the media.  And if there is aftermath, well, so be it.  The media didn't seem to like him anyway, no?  

Here is another question.  When he comes back, do you think the fans that really think he is dead, be overwhelmed with joy, or angry that he put them through this?

I want him back no matter what, but didn't know how others might feel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

I have understood that that material was owned by Michael 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lou

I heard that he owned the footage and it was released on purpose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

Thanks for the video. It was an eye-opener.  Ben Evanstad's group released Murray's photos. No way!  9284 days--that can't be a coincidence. Does 9,284 days have any numerological significance?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Java

I have said a million times I have seen that footage and I'm not talking about for the first time last year.  I'm not sure if I saw the front or back view but I know I saw it and it wasn't all that long after the accident.Doesn't anyone beside me remember that?  The point is I can't figure out why they keep saying it just came out last year?  I saw it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "paula-c"
I have understood that that material was owned by Michael 8-)

same here..i thought i seen it or heard it somewhere that michael owned the one and only copy of this video..
and that it somehow got released ..
huggs to all
suzz
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MeandMyShadow"

I think it's for both reasons. Now with the world thinking Michael is dead they are more willing to see things as they really are. Pepsi was obviously very angry by this coming out so you know it didn't come from them. I too think Michael did this and it makes me smile. ...pictures are worth a thousand words... :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012