Quote from: "PJ4MJ"
Thank you for sharing, Jaci.  Your personal integrity shines much brighter than any crown.

If you encountered that kind of bias and "forced" belief at the state level, I can only imagine what happens at the national level.

Thank you!

That is exactly what I thought at the time. It has to be much worse at the national level. I can't even watch the pageants on TV anymore, I feel bad for all those poor girls that are starving themselves and stressing over what to say and what not to say.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sarahli

Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "Sarahli"
Wow Jaci nice to SEE you!  :D  You are a very talented and beautiful girl. I can't believe that they didn't want you to mention Michael! This is a shame! You really have done the right thing, it is very honorable because you stood up for what you believe in and not for the glory. I applaud you for that really! God bless you.

Thank you so much Sarahli!

It is a shame, it really is. I had a few pretty intense arguments with board members about it. I included this quote of MJ's in my essay:
“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”
And one person commented on it and said "yeah, like a million lawsuits for molesting children" and then laughed...LAUGHED! Right there in front of me. And these people are all in their 40's, mostly older than that. You would think there would be a bit higher maturity level, but sadly the media targets everyone...

Part of me wanted to continue, keep my platform and essay the way I wanted it, and just see what happened. But they flat out told me that I wouldn't even make it to the top 10 if I did it my way (they also told me that the board of directors are allowed to influence the judges votes, how nice). And not making it to the top 10 basically means nobody would have seen me or heard anything I had to say. So I felt walking away from it was the best way to stay true to myself and to make a statement without having to say anything at all.

And on a positive note, I do think that a lot of people are starting to view Michael Jackson differently since this all took place. I think more and more people are researching and eating their own words once they discover the truth, which is a great thing. But the awareness is nowhere near where it ought to be yet.

The person who laughed I wish him... okay let's keep positive I'm not gonna comment. Pretty ignorant people, what a moron...  :x

But you as an American girl what do you think about the American people level of awareness?

Well seems like there is corruption everywhere and blackmail... nothing is clean anymore it seems and you had to live that and on the very special thing you love. They don't realize how hurtful it can be. I hope you'll find a more valuable platform to spread your message and a greater one, you deserve it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Wow Jaci nice to SEE you!  :D  You are a very talented and beautiful girl. I can't believe that they didn't want you to mention Michael! This is a shame! You really have done the right thing, it is very honorable because you stood up for what you believe in and not for the glory. I applaud you for that really! God bless you.

Thank you so much Sarahli!

It is a shame, it really is. I had a few pretty intense arguments with board members about it. I included this quote of MJ's in my essay:
“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”
And one person commented on it and said "yeah, like a million lawsuits for molesting children" and then laughed...LAUGHED! Right there in front of me. And these people are all in their 40's, mostly older than that. You would think there would be a bit higher maturity level, but sadly the media targets everyone...

Part of me wanted to continue, keep my platform and essay the way I wanted it, and just see what happened. But they flat out told me that I wouldn't even make it to the top 10 if I did it my way (they also told me that the board of directors are allowed to influence the judges votes, how nice). And not making it to the top 10 basically means nobody would have seen me or heard anything I had to say. So I felt walking away from it was the best way to stay true to myself and to make a statement without having to say anything at all.

And on a positive note, I do think that a lot of people are starting to view Michael Jackson differently since this all took place. I think more and more people are researching and eating their own words once they discover the truth, which is a great thing. But the awareness is nowhere near where it ought to be yet.

The person who laughed I wish him... okay let's keep positive I'm not gonna comment. Pretty ignorant people, what a moron...  :x

But you as an American girl what do you think about the American people level of awareness?

Well seems like there is corruption everywhere and blackmail... nothing is clean anymore it seems and you had to live that and on the very special thing you love. They don't realize how hurtful it can be. I hope you'll find a more valuable platform to spread your message and a greater one, you deserve it.

Thank you, it means alot!

As far as awareness in America... I'm not sure because I don't have anything to compare it to. But from what I've learned here it would be my guess that America is the worst. It's arguably the greediest country especially where the media is concerned. Not to mention many people tend to be lazy here. They don't want to research on their own, so their ignorance becomes that much more apparent. It's very sad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

BRAVO for your performance and for your stance, Jaci!  You did the RIGHT THING, which indeed isn't always easy... But a crown or award isn't worth anything if you must lose yourself in the process.  As for those ignoramuses, it's such a shame... We need to keep fighting for MJ and all the things he represents.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "truthprevails"
BRAVO for your performance and for your stance, Jaci!  You did the RIGHT THING, which indeed isn't always easy... But a crown or award isn't worth anything if you must lose yourself in the process.  As for those ignoramuses, it's such a shame... We need to keep fighting for MJ and all the things he represents.

Thank you so much truthprevails, and that's exactly how I felt. None of it was worth it if I couldn't be ME.

And "ignoramuses" is right  :lol: That word makes me laugh   :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi everyone! I've wanted to tell this story but haven't been able to until now (you'll find out why if you keep reading)...

3 days after Michael Jackson's "death", I competed in a local pageant (the local preliminary for the Miss America pageant).

I had been preparing for the pageant for a few months, and when Michael "died' (before I knew it was a hoax) I didn't think I was emotionally stable enough to compete. I was not going to participate, but a little voice inside me told me to stand up and be strong - for Michael. That is what he would have done. I wanted to win the pageant and use my title to inspire change, just as Michael inspired me.

So, I did the pageant. My talent was a vocal performance of "Over the Rainbow", and dedicated it to Michael. If you'd like to watch/listen, here it is. He's been my biggest inspiration as a performer. I learned from him how much one can learn about life from being on stage.

[youtube:2wwc6815]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW409fN4L5k[/youtube:2wwc6815]

I ended up winning the pageant. It was a very happy moment for me. My platform issue was "Promoting Family Values" and I set out to use my title to make a difference in my community.

I started giving speeches and interviews and performances around my area. It was so much fun. I felt so blessed to have that kind of opportunity.

As time went on, it got time to start preparing for the next level of competition: the state pageant. I worked hard on my new essay about promoting family values. I used quotes from Michael Jackson and information about his charity as some of my inspiration. I was so happy with my essay, turned it in with confidence and pride...only to get shot down by the board of directors.

I was told that it “didn’t look good” to have anything about Michael Jackson in my essay. I was told that even though he was talented, there is a negative stigma attached to him and I should avoid mentioning him unless strictly talking about singing and dancing.

I was also “encouraged” to literally fabricate many aspects of my resume to “increase my chances of winning”.

I was furious with all of this, to say the least.

I decided right then that I would not compete for the state title, finish my year as the local titleholder, and move on after that. However, the board informed me (pretty sure they didn’t want me anymore after this ordeal) that I either had to run for the state title or give up my current title (even though I had put in more hours and raised more money than any title holder in the recent past).

Long story short, I decided to give up my title.  I was absolutely disgusted with what I learned from participating in that pageant. I was told that I could just “be myself” and make a difference. Yet, when it came down to talking about the things I wanted to talk about, addressing the issues that I felt needed to be addressed, and giving credit where  credit is DAMN WELL DUE, my efforts were put to a halt.

I was unable to speak about this until I had officially handed over the title. Now I want everyone to know.

What does this say about our world, and my COUNTRY especially? I realize now just how stubborn society is when it comes to change.

I can say that I have more pride about giving up the CROWN than I did when I WON the crown. I had a chance at being Miss America, but I walked away from it in the name of Truth and in the name of Love.

I do not want to be a BEAUTY QUEEN (from a movie seen lol). All I want to be is a woman of character and a woman who knows how to think and speak for herself.

Thank you, Michael Jackson, for teaching me that one does not have to be famous to be a star.

Let’s all shine our own light and together, piece by piece, we can eliminate the darkness.

Love,
JaCi

Jaci - this was absolutely beautiful and inspiring...the music and the words you wrote touched my heart deeply. I don't know you personally but I am very proud of you.

I don't claim to be a prophet, see the future, or anything else. But I do know that when my spirit is stirred within me to this level that God is usually at work.

As I was reading and then watching your video I kept hearing the words "her platform is going to be so much greater than what she ever imagined possible". I believe that because you stood up for what you believe in and didn't compromise, God is going to bless you. You won't see yourself in another competition at this level but you will see the opportunity to share your story on a large scale of some kind. When that happens, don't forget to share your story, where your inspiration came from and why, and do your part to right a terrible wrong. Don't be afraid because God will go before you and will prepare the hearts of those that hear your message.

Do you have twitter or youtube account? I'd love to spread your story through my Facebook and Twitter accounts and I'm sure that others would also do the same.

Blessings to you. May you go with God's love, protection, guidance, and truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

Jacilovesmichael congratulate you for your moral values were much stronger than a title
and that is the most important human values humanize us, because they enhance our status as persons and perfect our human nature.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@voiceforthesilent - thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Your words touched my heart as well and I had goosebumps while reading your reply...and once again, happy tears! (I have cried so much today :lol: )

I, too, believe God has a hand in all of this....this hoax as well as my life personally and each and every one of your lives here as well.

I do have Twitter and Youtube although I don't use them as much as I'd like to, perhaps I should start! My twitter account name is JaCiLoves and on YouTube it's Jacileigh86.

I would feel honored and humbled for you (and anyone else who feels compelled to do so) to share my pageant story, so feel free to do so and thank you very much for wanting to do so.

I love you all so much!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Beautiful voice. Great job with the performance! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

~Souza~

You can SING sistah! And well done, I am proud of you. I never liked beauty contests. I was once asked to compete in some kind of local contest but that I needed to loose some weight and called me chubby (I am 1,73m and at the time my weight was around 54 kg, so I was underweight but did have some hips) and at that point I realized it was all just based on looks and not on what was inside because if it's really meant to be for the winner to represent their city/province or country, it shouldn't matter what that person looks like, it's about what they have to say.

Oh, and great dress by the way! I Love it! What kind of shoes were you wearing?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
You can SING sistah! And well done, I am proud of you. I never liked beauty contests. I was once asked to compete in some kind of local contest but that I needed to loose some weight and called me chubby (I am 1,73m and at the time my weight was around 54 kg, so I was underweight but did have some hips) and at that point I realized it was all just based on looks and not on what was inside because if it's really meant to be for the winner to represent their city/province or country, it shouldn't matter what that person looks like, it's about what they have to say.

Oh, and great dress by the way! I Love it! What kind of shoes were you wearing?

Thanks, Souza!! And yes I know what you mean about it being based on looks. They kept telling me that it "wasn't a beauty pageant" but a "Scholarship program" - which they did give scholarships away - but after saying that they would tell me I needed to gain 5 pounds (come on, who cares about 5 pounds?! What friggin difference is that going to make?), change my hair color, change my dress, change my swimsuit color, wear fake eyelashes to make my eyes look better, and change my song to a more "mature" and "sexy" song (yes, they said that. Disgusting, right?). BUT IT'S NOT A BEAUTY PAGAENT!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And thank you about the dress! Funny story, I was supposed to wear a different dress but I ripped it last minute. Luckily I had brought this back up dress with me. But the heels on the shoes (not sure what kind of shoes they were, I think I borrowed them..I don't own many heels, I hate them lol!) were too high for this dress, making the dress look too short. So I was all self-conscious about that (WONDER WHY - they made me feel so self-conscious about EVERYTHING). But I realized when watching this back that the dress looks just like Dorothy's red ruby slipper in  The Wizard of Oz, and that people probably had assumed I planned that but I didn't!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I wish I had a voice like yours!  I sing a lot because it's fun and my ex used to say someone was killing a cat.  :lol:  :?  :lol:

And I hate heels too.  I'm afraid of twisting my ankle and the *click click* sound in a hallway drives me crazy.  :lol:

You did an awesome job and looked great so you totally deserved to win!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Quote from: "Andrea"
I wish I had a voice like yours!  I sing a lot because it's fun and my ex used to say someone was killing a cat.  :lol:  :?  :lol:

And I hate heels too.  I'm afraid of twisting my ankle and the *click click* sound in a hallway drives me crazy.  :lol:

Believe me, a tortured cat sounds better than me :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Andrea"

Thank you Andrea!! Ahhh everytime I type your name I accidentally type "Andrew" because that's my fiance's name LOL! Just like when I go to type to Mo I write Mom!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I also hate the clicking sound of heels! Unless it's in Wizard of Oz of course, haha.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "looking4truth"
Beautiful voice. Great job with the performance! :)

Thank you! Thanks for watching!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions