the arabian nights

so it starts - the media turn
May 02, 2010, 04:21:41 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson: A Hecklerspray Apology
 By Steve Charnock on Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 4:00pm36 Comments

vote
nowBuzz up!Digg this!  

In light of public opinion, some of the comments and feedback we’ve received on the subject and a recent conversion to the peaceful teachings of Buddhism, Hecklerspray has had a change of heart about Michael Jackson. All those silly things we said about the King of Pop? We didn’t really mean them. We’ve thought long and hard, meditated and pontificated on the subject and we had an epiphany; all those sly little digs, veiled insults and jokes we made about him were wrong. We see that now. You can take this as a solemn pledge to you, dear reader, that we will never speak ill of the great man again. No teasing, no mockery, nothing. We’re sorry.

And we mean that.

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Re: so it starts - the media turn
May 02, 2010, 04:24:16 PM
Well it's about time...  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

May 02, 2010, 04:31:35 PM
Well, Well, Well look what we have here. Like Souza said it's about time!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

May 02, 2010, 04:38:00 PM

Perez Hilton’s Despicable Michael Jackson Coverage Creates Backlash

emailshare Earlier today we mentioned the role of social media in distributing news of tragic deaths, including those of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett today. The LA Times, we noted, is frequently being cited as a source of the Jackson news, and yet the blog TMZ.com appears to have confirmed the story much earlier.

Meanwhile, opportunists sprung upon the news to spread false rumors of other celebrity deaths, a situation that could once again give fuel to the argument that social media is not trustworthy.
One blogger doing unprecedented damage to the social media cause (and in fact undermining the credibility of all bloggers) is Perez Hilton: upon learning of Michael Jackson’s() hospital admission, he posted the following, shockingly offensive piece, alleging that Michael was “lying” or “making himself sick”. The post has now been updated on his site to temper this gross insensitivity, but we fear the damage to the blogging community has already been done.

Meanwhile, a backlash called #unfollowperez is attempting to shame the blogger through Twitter().

Tags: celebrities, michael jackson, perez hilton, twitter
Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:40:21 PM by the arabian nights
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2010, 04:40:18 PM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
Well, Well, Well look what we have here. Like Souza said it's about time!

Agree!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Dancer

May 02, 2010, 04:46:10 PM
Quote from: "the arabian nights"

vote
nowBuzz up!Digg this!  

In light of public opinion, some of the comments and feedback we’ve received on the subject and a recent conversion to the peaceful teachings of Buddhism, Hecklerspray has had a change of heart about Michael Jackson. All those silly things we said about the King of Pop? We didn’t really mean them. We’ve thought long and hard, meditated and pontificated on the subject and we had an epiphany; all those sly little digs, veiled insults and jokes we made about him were wrong. We see that now. You can take this as a solemn pledge to you, dear reader, that we will never speak ill of the great man again. No teasing, no mockery, nothing. We’re sorry.

And we mean that.

I would love to read articles apologizing for what they did to him. But I think  - and tell me if I'm wrong, I'm not a native English speaker so I might get something wrong - this is not a real apology, it's more sarcasm. Read the full article and the comments...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

the arabian nights

May 02, 2010, 04:49:13 PM
no i dont think so

but i leave it to you guys to decide

vote
nowBuzz up!Digg this!  

And we mean that.

With that heartfelt oath out of the way, here’s news that Wesley Snipes had to hold perfectly normal and in no way weird or creepy Michael Jackson’s hand during filming of the ‘Bad’ video in 1987. The late singer, who was definitely only sexually interested in adult women, was reportedly so scared on-set in the tough Harlem neighbourhood where filming took place, that his co-star had to take his hand as they walked down the street.

Gestures such as these were perfectly commonplace in intimidating New York boroughs in the late eighties. The fact that Jackson was 29 years old at the time makes it even more normal and not weird, sad and slightly upsetting at all.

Snipes said:

“I think Michael was a little scared being in Harlem, so we held hands.”

“I was like, ‘Hang in there, Michael. Don’t worry about it, brother – I got you’. I went from being the actor in the scene with him to bodyguarding him.”

He added:

“People were calling out his name – some favorably, some not so favorably… Yelling it across the street. And he’s hearing this… “And he turned to me, and he says, ‘Are you scared?’… “I was like, ‘Nah, Mike. I grew up here. This is all good. Are you scared?’ “He was like, ‘Yeah a little.’”

Had Michael Jackson of employed the Demolition Man star to be his actual bodyguard, it’s safe to say that the job would have been ‘cash-in-hand’ and that the actor probably wouldn’t have declared it to the taxman. Snipes is reportedly facing three years in jail for failing to return his tax forms.

Jackson himself is no stranger to unusual finances. In the 1990’s a series of unfortunate clerical errors at his bank saw large sums of money accidentally transferred to a series of families whose children had stayed at his house and slept in different beds from the singer. Accusations that the Moonwalker plied the young boys with ‘Jesus Juice’ and then ‘Jackson Juice’ could not be further from the truth.

‘This Is It’, the magnificent look at the young, handsome singer in his prime preparing for a string of live dates before the conspiracy to have him tragically murdered is out on DVD now
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 02, 2010, 06:58:43 PM
Quote from: "the arabian nights"
no i dont think so

but i leave it to you guys to decide

vote
nowBuzz up!Digg this!  

And we mean that.

With that heartfelt oath out of the way, here’s news that Wesley Snipes had to hold perfectly normal and in no way weird or creepy Michael Jackson’s hand during filming of the ‘Bad’ video in 1987. The late singer, who was definitely only sexually interested in adult women, was reportedly so scared on-set in the tough Harlem neighbourhood where filming took place, that his co-star had to take his hand as they walked down the street.

Gestures such as these were perfectly commonplace in intimidating New York boroughs in the late eighties. The fact that Jackson was 29 years old at the time makes it even more normal and not weird, sad and slightly upsetting at all.

Snipes said:

“I think Michael was a little scared being in Harlem, so we held hands.”

“I was like, ‘Hang in there, Michael. Don’t worry about it, brother – I got you’. I went from being the actor in the scene with him to bodyguarding him.”

He added:

“People were calling out his name – some favorably, some not so favorably… Yelling it across the street. And he’s hearing this… “And he turned to me, and he says, ‘Are you scared?’… “I was like, ‘Nah, Mike. I grew up here. This is all good. Are you scared?’ “He was like, ‘Yeah a little.’”

Had Michael Jackson of employed the Demolition Man star to be his actual bodyguard, it’s safe to say that the job would have been ‘cash-in-hand’ and that the actor probably wouldn’t have declared it to the taxman. Snipes is reportedly facing three years in jail for failing to return his tax forms.

Jackson himself is no stranger to unusual finances. In the 1990’s a series of unfortunate clerical errors at his bank saw large sums of money accidentally transferred to a series of families whose children had stayed at his house and slept in different beds from the singer. Accusations that the Moonwalker plied the young boys with ‘Jesus Juice’ and then ‘Jackson Juice’ could not be further from the truth.

‘This Is It’, the magnificent look at the young, handsome singer in his prime preparing for a string of live dates before the conspiracy to have him tragically murdered is out on DVD now

I was about the add the same information. They aren't really apologizing...it's like a backhanded slap. It's to keep the backlash down from the fans while still slinging the mud around. Pathetic of them all that they can't just say those three little words (we are sorry).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

all4loveandbelieve

May 03, 2010, 09:40:47 AM
so a person has to die in order to appologize?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

May 03, 2010, 10:05:27 AM
Yep. Sarcasm, guys. Unfortunately.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

loyalfan

May 03, 2010, 10:51:05 AM
this is very encouraging........what we need is an avalanche of apologies now please............xxxx

"GET THE POINT--GOOD LETS DANCE"
Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:01:12 PM by loyalfan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 03, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
Just another bottom feeder using a different tack to make fun of MJ and get like-minded readers.  Loser.  One love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

May 03, 2010, 11:04:32 AM
it may not be the change u want but it is change

they werent that mean after death -dont know pre
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 03, 2010, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: "loyalfan"
this is very encouraging........what we need is an avalanche of apologies now please............xxxx

"GET THE POINT--RIGHT LETS DANCE"

Correction: "Get the point - Good lets dance."

With LOVE.  ;)  x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late