Re: Belief
January 01, 2010, 02:09:59 AM
Oh, and I don't see any disrespect to God, in putting your faith in human beings. Again: "faith" does not mean "worship." I have faith that my husband won't cheat on me; that doesn't mean I equate him with Christ.

I don't have faith in many people. But I do, absolutely, have faith in Michael Jackson, in many ways. He may be only human, but he's a better human, than most, and God has certainly done much good, through him.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eva R

January 01, 2010, 08:49:14 AM
Great post!! Thank you very much!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love is animals
Love is the answer
Love is respect
Love is Michael
Love is my message!!

Datroot

January 01, 2010, 08:52:22 AM
Oh yes, seeing is believing for me, except that, like you, I am inclined to think he will live out his life in privacy.  I don't think he'll be back but that doesn't mean he's not alive.  I usually like proof before I believe.  I am looking for proof he is dead not proof he's alive.  God bless xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

January 01, 2010, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: "itsmagic"
I've seen a lot of goodbye posts, from believers - some on this forum. And no matter how many times I see this, it never makes sense, to me.

My husband is skeptical. Of everything, and to a degree which impairs his critical thinking, ironically. He's seen some of the evidence, and heard more, as I have a tendency to lecture. While he's occasionally shocked by what he sees/hears, and does find it compelling, he's pretty much a fence-rider. He won't be truly convinced by anything short of Michael, himself, in the flesh.
He asked me, the other night, what I would believe, if fifty years passed, and Michael never came back. Without batting an eye, I answered "I would assume he'd lived out his life in privacy. And by then, we would have more information; I don't believe for a second that his kids won't have a respectful, loving, story to tell, one day."

I've seen so much talk of him coming back at Christmas. "Clues," "messages," and just general speculation. How many of you believe that?
How many of you will be crushed, if he does NOT come back, this month? Next month? By Easter? By June 25th, 2010?

It seems like everytime I turn around, some poor member's faith has been torn apart, by a fake "informer," by an article on MJ's death, by the hoax taking too long, by a weird quote from a Jackson, by Stevie Wonder crying. And I just cannot understand how what you know could ever be changed by such small things. Please believe me when I say I'm not being critical. I'm asking you, all of you, do you KNOW Michael Jackson is alive, or not?

I have faith in the continuing judgement, intellect, creativity, cunning, and talent of Michael Jackson. I do not have faith in any hoax theory, or that he is alive. I don't NEED faith, for that. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 I did not hope for Michael Jackson to be alive; I accepted his death, and was then overwhelmed by the evidence that he had not died. True, I cannot "see" him, right now, but I can damn sure see this hoax. The circumstances of his death exhaust all possible coincidence; it would require more "faith" to believe his death, than to believe he is alive.
Nietzsche said "'Faith' means not wanting to know what is true." After all of the inconsistancies, slip-ups, ridiculous stories, and downright lies, do you honestly believe the story of Michael's death is true?

I'm rigid, in my beliefs; it's a quirk of mine. Because of this, I don't believe in much. I'm a hard sell, a continual devil's advocate, and generally just the most infuriating person in the world, in an argument. I require a hell of a lot of proof, to buy into anything.
But once I believe, it's permanent. Hence the reason I don't believe in much.

I believe most of what we've been shown, regarding the death of Michael Jackson, is not true. And, after months of seeking the simplest, most logical paths of explanation, I cannot believe he was murdered, either. The only answer which made sense, was that he is alive.
I know he is alive. It was a sound conclusion, based on an overwhelming amount of data, all pointing to this one answer. It satisfies logic. More importantly, it is a conclusion I arrived at, after having begun coming to terms with his death. I did not need this answer, or any sort of miraculous hope; I fought this conclusion, argued it, tore it apart, and was completely unable to deny it.

Michael Jackson is alive.

There will always be excuses to doubt. Emotional days, the pain of watching those who loved him mourn a death they believe in, the sheer loneliness of a world in which Michael Jackson walks unseen, like a ghost. But I can never become UNconvinced, because the decision is no longer open for debate, at least until I am provided with ANOTHER conclusion that answers logic as well as his being alive. And I mean, it would have to explain every gaping hole in the story of his death, all the way back to the morning of June 25th.
No article, interview, or YouTube clip can do that. And so, I keep knowing what I know. I have examined this conclusion enough; it needs no further testing.

I don't personally expect Michael to come back, at Christmas. Too much is left undone. Not the least of which are his books - both the comic book, and seemingly-autobiographical novel. These are real, bizarrely-prophetic projects which we know are in the pipeline, so I would expect to see them, before Michael. I could be wrong, but I just haven't seen any solid reason to count on a Christmas comeback.
Where Michael's future plans are concerned, the ground is much less solid. We have little more than signs, hints, as to what he may have been planning, before June 25th, and obviously, we can't know what he's up to, now. While it's fascinating to speculate, it would be entirely illogical to hang the validity of the entire hoax, on our ideas about when and how he may come back - these are two seperate questions.

My point is: I see a really sad time coming, for many believers, if you continue to let yourself be blown about by every comment, every interview, every wish or hope that is not quickly granted. Examine the evidence, one more time - all of it - and find your own conclusion, regarding his death. Then, if you are certain, based on your own best judgement, rather than the opinions of others, hold fast to your conclusion. Store it as something you know, not something you believe, or hope in, and do not let yourself be moved, again. It's simply the only way to stay sane, in all this.

And if you need a place to put your faith, put it in Michael. Not in his being alive, but in him being more than the addled, emaciated, puppet some have portrayed him as. Believe in a flawed, imperfect man who is, nonetheless, one of the great geniuses of our time, and burned with a passion to protect those he loved, and make the world better. As well as a man wise enough to see what was at the end of the road, and take steps to seize his destiny, once more.
At the very least, have faith that this voracious reader who obsessively researched whatever crossed his path had enough sense to know that Propofol would not get him a good night's rest.  :roll:

Happy Holidays, everyone. Stay strong. And the same to you as well, Michael.

Good post.

Very down to earth and full of common sense. Thanks :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

January 01, 2010, 12:03:31 PM
itsmagic, thank you for writing such a great post! I agree with what you've said wholeheartedly and this has been a blessing for me  :) It's like you've expressed everything I feel but wasn't able to write in such a clear and eloquent way! Thank you and Happy New Year  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 01, 2010, 12:28:47 PM
May be the story will be like Elvis;
The difference is that,at that time people cant opine from all around the world like today we are doing in this forum.
This is it?

What is it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 17, 2010, 04:38:58 PM
wellwishdoctor- thank you for your extensive post & amen.
  I've been finding myself saying to certain individuals that are 50/50 about believing that all one needs to do is look at the actual events & discrepancies in reports of 6-25. Really. If one just views it objectively for what it is, one would see that it doesn't even make sense that he's dead.
   I too am stubborn. My sense that he wasn't actually dead was intuitive at 1rst. Then I recalled actual experiences of my own life that had proved to show truth emerge from the concealing of truth. What occurred that day is believable as far a well though-out & planned course of action. To top it off, there were blunders, unplanned, which have proved to make this even more believable. Then only 1 1/2 wks later a huge memorial; before a funeral. Yes, MJ loves his fans, but family comes 1rst. [I understand the autopsy complications, but the family could have had a private service prior to an actual funeral] And I wondered how could such a massive & organized event have come together so quickly. Consider out of the thousands & thousands; maybe millions of pics taken of MJ over the years, the Liberian Girl pics repeated at the funeral. And there has been sooo much more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We need to give Michael a living legacy of true honor.
"Stand-up, stand-up" to clear his name.
Isn\'t this the least we can do for him ?